Alarming statistics ON Bicycle-Traffic Accidents in Florida & Massachusetts
- Florida ranks first in the country for bicyclist fatalities – ranking higher than California, a state with twice the population
- Massachusetts also ranks high in bicycle fatalities, which have increased in the past several years
- An average of 700 bicyclists are killed every year nationwide
- About 70% of fatalities occur in urban areas
- 72% of fatalities happen in the daytime
- Over 50,000 injuries occur every year
*Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Injured in a Bicycle Accident? Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney?
Kravitz Law Group understands that bicyclists have the same rights on the road as cars, trucks and other motor vehicles. Frequently, in our experience, bicycle accidents are not the fault of the cyclist, but of an inattentive, intoxicated, careless, or somehow otherwise negligent driver. We at Kravitz Law Group fight aggressively for the legal rights of bicyclists injured by negligence or the carelessness of others.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Florida
There are many factors that can contribute to a bicycle accident, some of the common types of collisions include:
- A careless or reckless driver
- A driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A driver entering the street from a driveway or parking space pulling into traffic in front of the bicyclist
- A driver failing to yield at an intersection
- A driver failing to stop at a stop sign or red light
- A driver’s inattention while driving past a bicyclist
- A distracted driver texting or talking on a cell phone
- A driver failing to look both ways when resuming travel after stopping at a stop sign
- A driver impaired by drugs or alcohol
Contact Kravitz Law Group
We will thoroughly investigate your Florida bike accident claim to determine liability; we will analyze the evidence, including photos, police reports, road conditions, construction site data, and property damage. Dedicated to your case, Kravitz Law Group will devote the time it takes to respond to you promptly, and to represent you with the highest of standards. We want you to get the justice you deserve and to receive the monetary damages that help you through a devastating accident. Call us today to discuss your case.
* Kravitz Law Group is a Proud Sponsor of the Mid County Cyclist Club
Your Local, Experienced Lawyer
Bicycle accident lawyer Tampa. Call Kravitz Law Group, (813) 626-1234.
Bicycle accident lawyer Clearwater. Call Kravitz Law Group, (727) 362-1234.
Bicycle accident lawyer Tarpon Springs. Call Kravitz Law Group, (727) 362-1234.
St. Pete Cycling Attorney, Call Kravitz Law Group, (727) 362-1234.
Bicycle accident lawyer Oldsmar, FL. Call Kravitz Law Group, (813) 626-1234.