Jovita Wysocka Kravitz, Esq.
Jovita Wysocka Kravitz is a personal injury attorney in Brandon, Florida and St. Petersburg, Florida. Ms. Kravitz has over 15 years of experience in litigation, including personal injury law, contracts, and medical malpractice. Her greatest success and personal satisfaction as an attorney in the Tampa Bay, Florida area comes from representing those who have suffered personal injuries or have lost loved ones due to the negligent and harmful acts of others who are responsible for auto accidents, slip and fall incidents, defective products, and medical malpractice.
A native of Boston, Massachusetts, Jovita worked at personal injury and litigation firms in Massachusetts as well as large litigation firms in New York City and the Washington, D.C. area before moving to St. Petersburg, Florida in 2005, where she has continued to practice as a litigation and personal injury attorney. She has litigated and tried numerous cases in state and federal court, including personal injury and medical malpractice actions throughout the Tampa Bay, Florida area.
Additionally, as a former ballet dancer in Boston, Jovita is active as a pro bono attorney in the local arts community in St. Petersburg, Florida and recently joined the board of the Warehouse Arts District Association. Jovita’s further community involvement includes editing and contributing articles on personal injury law and other legal topics for various legal publications.
Jovita has also served as Vice President, board member, and volunteer of Community Law Program in St. Petersburg, Florida, which provides free legal services for the underprivileged. Additionally, Jovita has taught law classes at St. Petersburg College for several years as well as serving as a guest speaker on the law for various legal, paralegal, arts, and civic organizations.
As a Polish attorney, Jovita is also active in the Polish communities of St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Florida.
Areas of Practice:
- Auto Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Admitted to The Florida Bar, 2010;
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2010
- Admitted to the Massachusetts Bar (1999)
- Admitted to the New York Bar (2000)
- College: University of Massachusetts (B.A., summa cum laude 1994)
- Law School: Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude 1999)
- Co-Founder and Editor: Journal of High Technology Law (1998-1999)
Ms. Kravitz is a member of:
- The Florida Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- New York Bar
- St. Petersburg Bar Association (Executive Committee)
- Florida Lawyers for the Arts, Inc. (Founder and Executive Director)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Pinellas Chapter
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court
- Community Law Program (Secretary)
- Warehouse Arts District Association (Secretary)
- Polish Center of Pope John Paul II
- American Institute of Polish Culture